Sunday, June 10, 2012

Cartoon Techniques

As a professional cartoonist, I'm always searching for ways to improve my art, writing, and grasp of technological advances. While I have yet to create a video demonstrating the techniques I use, which are, for the most part, pretty 'old school' with the exception of color and refinements in Photoshop, I've found a fantastic demonstration on digital cartooning by syndicated cartoonist Patrick LaMontagne, an internationally recognized guru in Photoshop drawing techniques using a Wacom drawing tablet. I have one but still resort to my pencil, paper, and inking with my good old, trusty Pelikan 120 fountain pen. I recognize the innumerable benefits becoming proficient with the Wacom, and I intend to practice some of the fantastic guidance offered here by Patrick - I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home